Everything You Need To Know About Human Liver
The liver is the largest internal organ in the body that sits on the right hand side of the belly. The liver performs many functions in the human body, including blood clotting factors and making proteins, glycogen synthesis, manufacturing triglycerides and cholesterol and bile production as it is an essential organ of the human system.
The liver performs many functions within the body which include breaking down and detoxifying of substances in the body, and the liver also act as a storage unit. In addition, the liver is responsible for making the chemical required by the body to work and function well and normal.
As the liver is an essential organ in body, there are many disease that can occur within the liver and therefore abrupt the functions of the liver, these diseases include infections such as hepatitis, cancers, cirrhosis, and damage by medications or toxins.
The liver plays an important role in detoxifying the body and also store vitamins and chemicals required by the body which include: vitamin D for calcium absorption, iron required to make red blood cells, folic acid, vitamin A for vision, vitamin B12, and vitamin K to help blood to clot properly.
Liver disease is defined as any disturbance of the liver function which causes illness. The liver is responsible for many critical functions within the body and should it become injured or infected by disease, the loss of these functions within the human system can cause significant damage to the body.
Liver disease is accompanied by many symptoms depending upon the type of the disease the liver is infected with, these symptoms can be loss of appetite, abdominal pain and swelling, jaundice, itchy skin, dark urine color, vomiting, bloody stool, chronic fatigue, pale stool color, tar-colored stool, swelling in the ankles and legs, nausea and easy bruising.
Liver failure can occur as a result of liver disease which require urgent medical attention. The liver isn’t damaged overnight, no, it is a process that happens over many years gradually, and liver failure happens when the liver is damaged beyond repair and the liver can’t be able to perform many of its functions.
You might also like: How To Firm Sagging Breast Using Home Remedies
Protecting the liver is a sole priority as it is the essential organ in the body that if it fails it can cause sudden death, you cannot joke with the health of your liver and in early days of liver disease you might not experience any symptoms, so it is important that you eat food that will protect your liver and also help keep it healthy. Below you can find good food and home remedies to help keep your liver healthy.
- Green tea – the natural polyphenols content contained in green tea support detoxification process of the liver function.
- Garlic – this is rich in selenium, a mineral which detoxify the liver and also help flush out toxins from the liver.
- Berries – this protects the liver from damage due to its rich in antioxidants.
- Grapes – this helps in lowering inflammation and prevent the liver from damage and increase the level of antioxidants in the body.
- Olive Oil – this is considered because of its health benefits due to its healthy fat.
- Coffee – Coffee is important because of its ability to lower risk of liver disease.
- Oatmeal – the fiber in oatmeal can help your liver function as its full capacity.
- Fatty fish – this can help in improving liver function and prevent inflammation.
- Broccoli – This helps largely in protecting the liver from damage and improve detoxification.
- Almonds – helps protect the liver from disease due t its richness in vitamin E.
Thanks for viewing this Everything You Need To Know About Human Liver 2021! Don’t forget to share them with your friends on social media.