“A relationship red flag is something that is considered a deal breaker or a non-negotiable for a person,” explains Dr. Christie Kederian, a relationship expert and licensed family and marriage therapist. “This is something that is considered a non-negotiable for a person because it does not necessarily have to do with their individual preferences, but more so with the character, behavior, and emotional maturity and availability in the relationship.”
1. He has no solid plan for the future (his and yours)
2. He is controlling.
3. He lies.
4. He has no mind of his own.
5. He is always complaining and rarely positive.
6. He is abusive, rude and lashes out without control.
7. He does not have a properly defined one on one relationship with God.
8. He does not have good family ties.
9. He has no defined legitimate occupation or source of income.
10. Alcohol and substance are a major part of his life.
11. He always has to have the final say.
12. He treats ‘lower’ people poor.
13. He has too many women actively involved in his life with a past that’s still not clear.
14. He has a different/No better definition and expectation from marriage.
15. He has too little/no time for you.
16. He wants you to get pregnant before he marries you.
17. He is always about sex or money.
18. He is in a rush.
19. He is financially reckless (even if it is when he spends for you).
20. His personality and demeanor drives fear through you.