Getting a beautiful and healthy skin isn’t a day’s job. It doesn’t happen overnight and it requires utmost care, consistency and using the right skin products. We all want a radiant, soft, and glowing skin but are we doing what it takes to get such skin? Getting the desired skin starts from buying and using the right products and it boils down to using them right and consistently. Also, there is no assurance that purchasing products after products will give you the skin you desire without basic skin care routine.
So, if you are trying to establish an effective skin care routine, follow these Do’s and Don’ts.
- DO STAY HYDRATED: Most of our body are made up of water. Basically, it makes sense to drink enough water daily to hydrate the biggest organ in our body. A dehydrated body simply means a dehydrated skin. Dehydrated skin can look dry, rough and irritated skin. Drinking atleast 7/8 glasses of water daily. It helps to flush out unwanted toxins out of the body and increases collagen and maintain skin’s elasticity. People who drink large amounts of water are less likely to suffer from scars, wrinkles, and soft lines.
- DO CLEANSE TWICE A DAY: Washing your face twice a day is one of the easiest and effective skin care tips. This can also means having bath twice a day. Having a bath in the morning removes the oil and debris which was accumulated overnight and having a bath in the evening removes dirts and sweat gathered over the body and face (incase you wear make-up and sunscreen) throughout the day. Avoid using warm bath the wrong way because it can lead to inflammation, dry and irritated skin.
- DO EAT HEALTHY FOODS: Eating healthy foods and well balanced diet reflects on your skin. You are what you eat! Foods that are rich in Antioxidants, Vitamins and Minerals are essential for glowing and healthy skin. It is also important to know that fruits and vegetables should be a part of every meal. One should avoid junkies, beverages with excess sugar and oily foods.
- DO EXFOLIATE: Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin cells from the skin surface so that new cells can regenerate for better glowing skin. Simply use gentle products for exfoliation to avoid irritated, rough and damaged skin. Do not over exfoliate. Frequent exfoliation can dry skin and lead to inflammation. Exfoliate twice or thrice a week only.
- DO AVOID SKIN CARE PRODUCTS WITH HARSH CHEMICALS: It is important to note that basic skin care boils down to the kind of products used daily. Moisturizers, Bath Gels, Sunscreen etc are daily skincare products we use. Most skincare products used today contains harmful chemical products that can lead to skin diseases and organ damage after a long term use. Skin care products with such chemicals should be used only under the prescription of a dermatologist. Chemicals like Parabens, Alcohol and Hydroquinone can damage the skin. Using Products with ingredients like Essential oils, Vitamins, Hyaluronic acid and Vitamins are what one should watch out for.
- DON’T FORGET TO MOISTURIZE: One of the most important tip to a great skin is to keep it mosturized. You wouldn’t want to go out with a skin looking all dry and flaky. Applying a soft moisturizer in form of lotion or gel twice a day is necessary to achieve that healthy glowing skin. We all have different skin types ranging from dry to oily skin, hence getting the right mosturizer for your skin is also important.
- DON’T STAY UP LATE: Avoiding night sleep and staying up too late can damage your skin. Every single cell in your body including your skin cells needs sleep. Night is the time when fresh and healthy cells rise to the skin’s surface and repair any damage accumulated over the day. Hence, it is important to get atleast 8 hours sleep per day. Not getting enough sleep can lead to breakout on the skin.
- DON’T PICK YOUR SKIN: I know it can be really troubling to have acne. A lot of people end up popping the bumps and picking on pimples just to get rid of it faster. The truth is, this act ruins the skin! It causes scar and hyperpigmentation. Also, avoid touching the fact without washing your hands first.
- DON’T USE MULTIPLE PRODUCTS: There are a lot of people who think they have a balanced and acenic skin, hence, they feel it is okay to choose any kind of products available. Using the right products of the same brand will give you the desired result. Using multiple skin products will give you nothing less than a troubled, irritated skin with different results. It might even damage your skin!
- DON’T USE A BODY SKIN CARE PRODUCT ON THE FACE: Even though this sounds like a good idea but it is probably the most terrible idea in the world. The skin on the face is softer and tender than the body skin which is thick. So, products like scrubs, moisturizers and soaps that can be used on the body shouldn’t be used on the face.
It is important to note that the list of Do’s (Routine) needs consistency, patience and time. Follow these Do’s and Don’ts today and get your desired glowing skin!