Typhoid fever is a systemic infection caused by Salmonella Typhi, usually through the consumption of contaminated food or water.
The acute illness is accompanied by symptoms such as prolonged fever, headache, nausea, loss of appetite, and constipation or sometimes diarrhoea in worst cases.
Typhoid fever is a very common disease in places where there’s no adequate safe drinking water. Typhoid is contracted by drinking contaminated water or food which are already affected by the bacteria. People with typhoid fever are mostly bacteria carriers which spread the virus through contaminating the surrounding water with stool which contain high concentration of bacteria.
Most people with these acute illness show little or no symptoms and can be long time carriers of this disease and can become the new source of typhoid fever in the society as the virus can survive many weeks in water or dried sewage.
Note: Home remedies are just supplementary treatment, please consult your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Home Remedies for Typhoid Fever
REMEDY -1 CLOVES
Cloves are rich in essential oil which have an antibacterial properties that kills typhoid-causing bacteria. Using cloves can help you treat typhoid fever.
- Prepare 8 cups of water.
- Add 5 to 7 clove buds to 8 cups of water.
- Boil the solution until it evaporates to half.
- Strain it.
- Drink this throughout the day.
- Repeat and follow this process for at least 1 week.
REMEDY -2 BASIL
Basil is a very helpful remedy when it comes to typhoid fever as it will help reduce fever and calm the stomach, and it also go a long way in boosting the immune system. The antibacterial and antibiotics properties of basil helps largely in destroying the bacteria causing typhoid fever.
- Prepare 1 cup of clean water.
- Add 20 basil leaves.
- Add 1 teaspoon of crushed ginger.
- Boil this mixture until half of the water evaporates.
- Add little honey to your taste.
- Drink this tea 2 or 3 times daily.
- Repeat this process for few days.
You might also like:Home Remedies To Boost Immune System
REMEDY -3 APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple cider vinegar helps remove heat from the body skin due to its acidic property and helps restore the minerals lost in the body due to diarrhea.
- Prepare a glass of water.
- Add ½ teaspoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- Add a little honey to your taste.
- Drink this before taking your meals.
- Follow this procedure for 5 to 7 days.
REMEDY -4 GARLIC
Garlic speed up recovery by flushing out harmful toxins out of the body. Garlic helps destroy the bacteria causing typhoid fever with the help of its antimicrobial properties.
Note: Garlic is not recommended for pregnant women and small children.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- Add ½ teaspoon of crushed garlic.
- Add 1 cup of milk.
- Boil the solution until only ¼ of the mixture remain.
- Drink this 3 times daily.
More Info: Also eating 2 garlic cloves daily on an empty stomach for couple of weeks will help treat typhoid fever symptoms.
Thanks for viewing this Home Remedies for Typhoid Fever 2020!
Don’t forget to share them with your friends on social media.